Business Growth Matters
It takes work to build your business and brand. Often it is a combination of tactics and ideas that will help engage your audience, promote your brand, and help boost your ROI. Here are a few tips that cover a range of concepts , all of which can add value and help your business grow.
The first step is to have a simple straightforward marketing plan in place. Planning helps your business chart a course for success by having clearly defined goals and steps to get there. The plan should always be subject to change and in the case of digital marketing, will change as the landscape does.
Top Digital Marketing Tips
2. Act Like a Visitor – One of the harder things to do in marketing is to remember to put yourself in the customer's shoes. For both your website and social media the approach should be to act like a user to understand their experience rather than just reviewing analytics. Even better, ask a colleague or someone unfamiliar with the site to use it while you watch over their shoulder to see how they experience things along with where any problems might occur during the conversion process.
3. Incorporate Local SEO – Local SEO can be very powerful and should not be overlooked in your marketing plan. Make sure to utilize Google+ and ensure that sites such as Google My Business, business directories, Yelp, Yell.com, and the like are completely accurate for your business. Within these sites monitor reviews and feedback to make certain you are doing the best you can for positive online reactions to your business.
4. Focus on Landing Pages – Each landing page offers the opportunity for a first impression with new visitors. That is why you need to make sure that each one not only loads extremely quickly but also is responsive and provides users the information they are looking for. The landing page experience is critical to your conversion rates.
5. Clear CTA’s – Clear Calls-to-action (CTA’s) are a critical factor in conversions. If people don’t understand what they are supposed to do next how do you expect them to move along your sales funnel? You need clarity with each step and the CTA’s need to be obvious and easy to navigate.
6. Create Fresh Content – Fresh, relevant, and informative content is an important key for business and brand growth. Quality is always preferred over quantity. Part of crafting fresh content includes trying out new formats and not just sticking to one type. For example, videos and infographics are both fantastic options for content delivery and yet many businesses have never tried to use them.
7. Use Blogs for Social Media – Blogs are an invaluable tool for digital marketing as they help feed your social media presence. Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are all great platforms for sharing blogs which can help increase brand recognition and traffic back to your site. While sharing others’ content is useful as well, that only serves to help increase your social presence and not your own web traffic.
8. Make use of Press Releases – Press releases are a bit of an underused content format, however they are a great way to announce events and activities. For example, charity or community work that benefits your local market is something that should be announced with a release.
9. Research the Competition – It is not enough to know what you are doing; you also need to know what the competition is doing. This is especially important within smaller markets where the margin for error is less. This can help you craft marketing plans that counterpunch what they are doing and also can help you find holes in their plans which you can then fill.
10. Test, Test, Test – This point cannot be stressed enough! Just because something worked last year doesn’t mean it is as effective this year. Similarly, just because something worked for someone else doesn’t mean it will work for you and your audience. By taking the time to audit and test what the changes you plan on making you can quickly find out if you are making things better or worse for your conversion process.
Social-Fly is a leading SEO Digital Marketing Agency. We offer a free marketing consultation so please feel free to call our office
604-803-4740 or book online :